Cupcake Elastic Waist Skirt

I was browsing through some super fun ideas and ran into this elastic waist skirt tutorial. I couldn't pass it up. Susan really gave such good directions. It was the first time I stretch the elastic while sewing, rather than sliding it through a casing. It really wasn't hard. You can do it and ultimately, the result is definitely worth trying something new.

MUST READ: the skirt is quite tenty. Or as a friend put it, "kinda feel like a cupcake." At least that is what I thought last night when I made it. There was no way I was going out in public in that. So I decided to chop of about 6 inches (I just hemmed it up) and now I have a dainty cupcake skirt to wear with your leggings of choice. I will be making another one of these for sure. I wore it today and enjoyed every minute. (note: next time I will not be doubling the amount of fabric, it really doesn't need that much bunching)

P.S. This was the first time I had put a "real" pocket in something and it was so easy. Really, the tutorial lays it out very well.



2 comments:

  1. yours has much less poof than mine. perhaps my fabric was too voluminous too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt came out great! Good job on the pockets. :) I havent' done those yet but I have that same tutorial saved as things to try! www.seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...