Zipper Flower

I love flowers! Next up, the zipper flower. I have seen lots of people using this to accessorize and decided to get in on the fun. I will be making 9 of these for the aprons at my sis-in-law's wedding. {I can't wait to see the final product! It's going to look so good!} Here's a tutorial for you to follow! These could be shirt pins, put on hair stretchy bands or head bands, glued on a plastic bracelet, and bag clips. And for those who fly often, wouldn't sewing one of these onto your fabric bag {you know the black ones that EVERYONE has that look all the same} make it so much easier to spot when the baggage carousel displays everyone's luggage?! I'm liking this idea.

Materials Needed:
24 in. metal separating zipper
hot glue and gun
scissors
sparkly for the middle


Begin by taking apart your 24 in zipper into 2 pieces. cut off the metal ends and hard fabric ends. Remove the zipper pull.
Begin by winding your fabric around and hot gluing into place as you go.
The zipper makes this pretty stiff, so make sure to use plenty of hot glue to bunch the fabric.
Here's the underside of the flower. Keep going around until you reach the end of the teeth. Have about the last 1 inch of zipper go under the edge of the flower and glue down.
This is the top view after your zipper hot glueing is done. Add a sparkly to the middle and wa-lah...finished. Enjoy your flower!

TO SEE MORE ZIPPER FLOWERS I MADE, GO HERE.  If you want to see how I used them ON HEADBANDS, GO HERE.

Linked to:
 UndertheTableandDreaming   The Girl Creative


6 comments:

  1. are you kidding me? that is the best zipper project I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the rhinestone in the middle of it, it really adds to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are simply adorable! Love the added rhinestone! Great tutorial! Thanks for stopping by and joining the Sunday Showcase! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your instructions. I have loved these sort of flowers since Martha had a guest make them. Unfortunately, I was not able to follow those instructions. Your version looks so much easier. As for the rhinestone - what a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! A friend just showed me her headband that is a completely different zipper flower than this one. I'm excited to show you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...