The LONG Awaited "Tea-And-Crumpets Apron"

Yes, I know it's a copy-cat to this amazing apron from Anthropology, but I promise I made it!

I was browsing through their aprons (which I highly encourage) and saw this and HAD to have it.  But I could do it for less than $32 they were asking.  I loved the white and mustard combo, so I did copy that as well.  Yellow makes things so peppy and yet the mustard-ness of this yellow tones it to just the right shade.

Let's just say that I did lots and lots and lots of pinning on this one.  And the tie on it - well, it's one continuous beast that took forever to turn!  Honestly I don't think I've ever been more proud of an apron as this one.  I took the time, did the little tricks, and yelled at my machine when the tension would randomly be dumb.  In the name of love, of coarse.

Here it is.  I'm not making another one, so this one is mine.  I love it too much to part with.  But don't be surprised if you see those cute ruffles on more things.  Now go make yourself one, too!

Ties are long enough to tie in front or in back.

 I can't get enough of these ruffles!  I love them.

And why NOT have a ruffle hem to finish it off?

(Special thanks to a friend who modeled for me!  I've been waiting to capture somebody for this very purpose.)

Linked to:

3 comments:

  1. So so cute Bonnie. You've definitely outdone yourself on this one :) I love the ruffles too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, me likey! I don't think I have the patience for making ruffles. Not only did you make multiple strips of them, they look beautiful.

    I didn't put it together until the end of our conversation that you have a craft blog. Then I was too much of a bonehead to think to ask for your link. So thanks for your comment, both in saying "hi" and so I could find your blog. It's very cute...and makes me hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you ever post your patterns/instructions?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...