Cilantro Lime Ranch

If you haven't made ranch from scratch, now is the time.  I don't mean the hidden valley ranch packets mixed with mayo.  I mean the buttermilk, mayo, spice cupboard type; along with a hint of lime.

After some friends invited us to dinner, and they put on quite the impressive spread, I couldn't resist asking for her secret.  I think I love dinner parties so much because I am intrigued by new recipes and ideas.  So if you invite me or bring something yummy to me, expect me to bug you for the recipes. 

A potato salad recipe is coming to mind.

I digress.
Cilantro Lime Ranch
1/2 pint buttermilk
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream (or mayo if you're not a sour cream lover)
1/2 tsp dill
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juiced

Mix all ingredients together using beaters.  Adjust seasonings to taste.  If it's too thin, add more mayo, too thick, add more buttermilk.
I can't decide if I'm eating salad to be healthy or to eat more dressing.  I think it might be the latter.  I'm pretty sure I'm a sauce person.

Linking to:

5 comments:

  1. This looks really good, Bonnie! Can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try this one, it looks amazing... (kind of like the Cafe Rio dressing recipe, sans tomatillos). thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks delicious! And I do love the Hidden Valley version, so I can't even imagine how good this is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK...so sandwiches no longer need to be boring. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 28, 2012

    Thank you so much sharing this recipe. You made it really easy to understand and I love how you added the tips on how to make thicker. I made it without the sour cream and lime. Had made another version of this, but your version was just the taste I was looking for. You simply can't beat it just on calories alone.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...