Mirror, mirror, on the wall

If you look at my browser, craigslist has the top hits on my computer.  I'm a craigslist nerd, I admit.  But look what I found!
The mirror used to be gold, but with a little white spray paint, now I have a cool oval mirror to grace my mantel.  (My diy mantel here).

The candlestick holders are from Ikea.  They come white and I added some spray paint to them as well. The books are covered with a bag I got from a giftshop in Tillamook, the vase is Ikea, the flowers are Joanns, the clock is Target, and the little birds that I love are from fab.com.

Oh, and the light you can see in the reflection is last year's birthday present (that I talked about here) from overstock.com.  I love love love love it!

Decorating a mantel is a little trickier than I thought and I'm always trying to get some new fun ideas to make it look classy and not sloshed together.  


Here's a picture from the original posting.

Linked up to:

4 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I love everything that you have done in your home. You are so crafty. I saw your mantel and forgot to comment on it, but it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! I am LOVing the effects of white. So clean. So simple. So unadulterated (wanna stay as far away from that as possible! LOL) I love spray paint. Did you find that one kind was just ultra better than another? And do you go usually glossy or flat on the paint? It seems like the mirror is glossy white,... true? I have a ton of pic frames to revamp for some future unknown purpose. White is IT. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this bonnie! i cant wait to see your house again! it seems like you have made lots of crafty changes to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie, I hope you don't mind me dropping you a line but I have been reading your blog and find it very inspiring. I have nominated your blog for a Liebster Blog Award over on my blog. Looking forward to your next post. x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...