Black Beans & Rice with Chicken and Apple Salsa

This is one of the most "professional" dishes I've made.  Seriously.  This is something that I would go to a restaurant to order...but I made it!  Thanks to my friend Kristin for the recommendation (who I did go shopping with and we did buy the same matching earrings...AND we both wear size 11ish shoe!).
Here's the link to the recipe on bon appetit.

If you want my own notes:
1. Rotisserie chickens are awesome.
2. Turn your rice cooker on when you begin.  I added chopped cilantro and lime to my rice before serving.
3. The beans call for 3 cups of chicken broth.  I added the 3 but had to boil it for longer so it would reduce.  2 cups would have been plenty.
4. Fight your husband for leftovers!  I was kind and let him take them today.  Often, I'll make a good lunch for him, but then his boss decides to do an impromptu lunch and the packed lunch goes to waste.  Not today!  I told him I'd only make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the rest of his life if he let this one go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...