Green Veggie Curry

This is a dish that never grows old.  I've made it probably 4 times, each little different, and enjoyed it in all ways.  Thanks to my foodie neighbor Carrie for this one!

Green Curry
Adapted from Martha Stewart Everyday Foods

1 onion
8 oz frozen/fresh green beans
8 oz asparagus
16 oz mixed frozen/fresh veggie mix
(use whatever veggies you like)
1-2 Tbsp green curry paste (I found mine at New Seasons)
2 cups chicken broth, divided
1 can (14.5 oz) coconut milk
1 Tbsp cornstarch or flour
2 Tbsp lime juice (from 1 lime)
Salt to taste
Cooked brown rice

Saute onions and fresh veggies in a water saute until they begin to soften.  Add the green curry paste, I like to add the full 2 Tbsp.  It doesn't add heat to the dish, but flavor.  Use 1/2 cup chicken broth whisked with the cornstarch/flour, set aside.  Saute veggies with the paste for a couple minutes, then add the remaining chicken broth, coconut milk, and cornstarch/flour chicken broth mix.  Simmer until veggies are tender and sauce thickens.  Add lime juice and season with salt.  Serve with brown rice.

*You can adjust the amount of veggies you want and may have to add/take away the amount of broth you use.  I prefer my dish a little saucier.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog (a while ago, sorry)! I like the way you eat and it's nice to see recipes like this, that have really worked for someone. I'm trying to get us switched to clean eating, as well as removing animal products and refined sugars from our diet as well. Dairy hurts my stomach and I just think animals and sugar should be once in a while type foods. I'm going to try this recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...